2019 Tax Webinar August 1.50 hours
- Recent changes to s CB 15
- Common Questions accrual rules
- Non-resident clients with PIEs - 28% or lower?
And much, much more . . .
2019 Tax Webinar July 1.5 hours
- Dividend Stripping
- Income Stripping
- Partnership Refresher
- Motor Vehicles
- Investment income
- R&D Tax Credits
2019 Tax Webinar June 1.50hours
- A-Z of Interest Deductibility - Part I
- Share repurchases and dividend traps
- Bringing a vehicle into GST
- New resident foreign super exemption vs. transitional resident exemption
- Capital lease goodwill payment
- Bright-Line - business premises exemption
- NRWT credit and FX losses
- Audit Issues and Trends
2019 Tax Webinar May 1.5 hours
- Making Voluntary Disclosures to IRD
- New Tax Bill/Act - What you need to know
- Tax Payments when received in time
- GST - how it applies to imported services
2019 Tax Webinar April - 1.5 hours
- Transparency of LTCs and LPs
- Portable buildings and depreciation
- Employee share scheme
- Audit Issues
2019 Tax Webinar March 1.5 hours
- Accommodation suppliers
- Balance Date Issues
- Tax Working Group Report
- Digital Tax - What is this about?
2019 Tax Webinar - February
- Associated Person Rental situations
- GST on merchant fees/credit card charges
- Definition of settlor for trust purposes
- Amalgamating companies
- Shortfall penalties recap
2018 Tax Webinar November 1.5hrs
- Capital Gains Tax
- GST on imported goods
- Research and development
- Relationship property
2018 Tax Webinar October 1.5hrs
Part 1 Key Topics
- Land developments - staging of subdivision and JV structure options
- FBT - Practical Application of the New Rules and issues that have cropped up
Part 2 BTax Top 40
- Donations other than in dollars, cents and cheques - claiming tax credit?
- IRD New Ruling for Bright-line Ruling for Main home exemption for subdivided sections
- Asset split for depreciation post-settlement - ignore S&P?
- IRD New Ruling for Bright-line for Lifestyle Blocks
- Lease goodwill - when is it not depreciable?
- GST treatment of oddball items like credit card fees and interest on overdue accounts
Part 3 - IRD Audit Trends & Issues
- Interest on Rentals being built
- Update on bloodstock syndicates and GST
2018 Tax Webinar September 2018 1.5 hrs
- An update and review of the rules around interest deductibility and how these can be applied to various business structures and scenarios including:
- Company interest deductibility
- Loans to pay-out shareholders/partners/beneficiaries
- Other scenarios
Tax Working Group Interim Report OR Mixed-Use Assets
- The Tax Working Group is due to release their interim report in September. If they do so before 14 September, we will provide an overview of this report.
- Otherwise, we will provide an update on the Mixed-Use Asset regime including:
- What is it?
- How to apportion expenses
- GST adjustments
- Quarantined expenditure
- An overview of the New Zealand tax residency rules and how they apply to:
- An update on the recent topical issues
2019 Tech Savvy - Rental Properties August 1.25 hours
- Commercial vs. domestic rentals
- Deduction of expenses
- Ownership structure
- Property sales
- Legislative changes
2019 Tech Savvy Webinar June - Farming 1.25hrs
Get up to speed with basic farm accounting concepts
- Valuation Methods
- Capital vs. Expenditure
- Deductible Expenses
- Employee Accommodation
2019 Tech Savvy - FIFs and PIEs - April 1.25 hours
- Refresher of the basics
- Assistance in choosing the correct PIR rates
- How to read and interpret portfolio reports
2019 Tech Savvy - Feb 2019 - Dividends and Imputation Credits 1.25 hrs
- Imputation Credits
- Overview of Dividends
- How to maintain the imputation credit account
- Explanation of when/why dividends should be declared
- How to best utilise imputation credits
- Practical examples
2018 Tech Savvy - October 2018 - GST - Back to Basics 1.25hrs
- Overview of the regime
- When can, or should, you register for GST
- Taxable, exempt and zero-rated supplies
- Determining the time of supply and when this is important
- What expenditure can be claimed
- Aportionments and adjustments
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Loss Ring-Fencing - The Final Word 1.5 hours
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Ethics - understanding the new code 1.50hrs
- How and why NZ's Code of Ethics has needed to evolve
- The relevance, legal status and international context of the 2019 revision
- Understanding the key substantive changes
- Considering how the changes will impact on member's activities
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Landlord's New Obligations and Tax Impact
What are the new minimum required insulation standards for landlords?
- Do you need to upgrade or install new insulation?
- What is the correct insulation for your property?
- What happens if you don't comply and how is compliance going to be enforced?
- What are the exemptions?
- What is the tax treatment of costs in meeting the new insulation standards?
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Make Delegation Profitable for You 1.5 hours
- Identify who you can delegate to
- Ensure it works first time
- Recognise the 4 levels and when to use them
- Overcome fears of entrusting work to others
2019 Special Edition Webinar - AML Compliance Training - The Annual Report
- The Annual Report
- Conducting Due Diligence
- Enhanced Due Diligence for PTRs
2019 Special Edition Webinar - IRD Reporting for Trusts - CRS and FATCA Compliance 1.50 hours
2019 Special Edition Webinar Employment Law - so many changes 1.50 hours
- The changes that took effect on 12 December 2018
- The new Domestic Violence Victims Protection Act
- What comes into effect on 6 May
2019 Mini-Series Introduction to Tax Part One and Part Two 3.0hrs
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Motivation and Your Team .25hrs
2019 Special Webinar - Payday Filing Recording
If you would like a copy of the recording please email email@example.com or call on (03)479 4849
The system does not allow for FREE webinars!
2019 Special Edition Webinar - New Zealand Housing Market 1.0 hr
- How will Loss Ring-Fencing impact the housing/rental market?
- What does the short- and long-term picture look like?
- Interest rates and prices - the ups and downs
- Policies on the horizon . . . and more
- Capital Gains . . .
2019 AML - Compliance Officer Training - February
- Overview on a Compliance Officer's key responsibilities and obligations
- Maintaining the compliance Programme and Risk Assessment. It has been drafted - now what?
- Internal reviews - suggested activities
- Annual reporting obligations - getting ready
- PTR/SAR Reporting
- FAQ and Recent news
2019 Special Edition Webinar - Loss Ring-Fencing has arrived!
- What property the rules apply to
- How to calculate and track losses
- When can you access or benefit from losses
- What planning should you do now to minimise any disadvantages
2018 Special Edition Webinar - Personal Grievances - is it a gravy train?
2018 Anti-Money Laundering - Decision Trees and Process Maps
2018 Instructional Anti-Money Laundering Webinar and Templates
Please note, due to system constraints we will send you the templates and recording by separate email.
Your package will include:
A 30 minute Instructional Webinar Recording on how to complete and use all of the new templates.
- Due Diligence Reference Sheet (What must we obtain for CDD and who from?)
- Client Risk Assessment Template
- CDD - Step-by-step process and procedure example
- PTR/SAR/STR Registers
- Prescribed Transaction Request template
- Acceptable forms of ID - Quick reference sheet
- Template for requesting due diligence information from clients
2018 Anti-Money Laundering - The Recording Package
2018 Anti-Money Laundering - The Turnkey Package
This package includes both sets of recordings AND the two templates. It also includes Bonus Process Maps & Decision Trees
Everything that you need to get started!
2018 Anti-Money Laundering - The Template Package
Both the Risk Assessment and the Programme Templates for Anti-Money Laundering
2018 Template 1 - Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessment
2018 Template 2 - Anti-Money Laundering Programme Template
2018 Special Edition Webinar - Tax Issues for Employers 1.5 hrs
What we will cover
- Tax Free Reimbursements
- Common FBT issues
- Accommodation and Meals
- Employer vs. Contractor
- Schedular Payments
- Other remuneration issues such as inducements and share schemes
2018 Special Edition Webinar - Training your team on AML CFT
Training for your team on AML/CFT - requirements around reporting suspicious activities, to your Compliance Officer.
2018 Special Edition Webinar - Anti-Money Laundering for Accountants 2.0 1.25hours
This webinar is aimed at ensuring that accountants know what is required of them on an ongoing basis, e.g. recognising risks, suspicious transactions, reporting requirements etc.
- Summary of documentation required
- Summary of Client Due Diligence requirements
- Trust and Company Service Providers
- Being a Designated Business Group
- Reporting suspicious activity
- Compliance when conducting international transactions
- Identifying red flags
- Record keeping and ongoing monitoring